Friday, June 8, 2012

Stars & Stripes

I'm so excited today.  I just found out that I will be published in the July 2012 issue of Scrap n' Art magazine.  Since I needed to remove the picture from my previous post, and I didn't want you to go away empty handed so to speak, I've posted a new card today.  It's pretty simple and only takes about 10 minutes to make.  Some of the supplies are a little older but you can substitute anything you like and still come up with a cute card.

Supplies:
Stampin Up! Cardstock - Brilliant Blue (retired), Whisper White, Real Red
Stampin Up! Stamps - Summer Fun (retired)
Stampin Up! Ink - Brilliant Blue (retired)
Paper Studio - Red Stars Designer Paper
Lowe's - Drywall mesh (sticky on one side)
Hobby Lobby - 1/8" white grosgrain ribbon

Directions:  Stamp image on card base with Versa-Mark ink or the same color ink as your cardstock.  Attach a piece of drywall mesh tape across the middle (this stuff is great - love that it's sticky on one side already!).  Tear a strip of white cardstock and ink edgethen attach to cardstock base as shown.  Layer a torn and inked piece of designer paper on top of the white cardstock leaving a bit of the white cardstock showing.  Attach a ribbon around card front over designer paper and tie a bow or knot (or not).  Stamp image on white cardstock and layer 2 times with coordinating cardstock.  Attach this piece over the mesh tape with foam tape or dot.  That's it. Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being published! I linked over from Scrap n' Arts magazine, I was looking at your beautiful card and wanted to leave a comment! I love the simplicity of your card, it's outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! Be sure to check back as I post usually once a week. Will start posting sketches on a regular basis too. Hope you will join in the fun!

      Delete