Thursday, September 20, 2012

Create Your Classroom Project Coming Soon!

Hello Crafters!
As you know, CYC has just released their first stamp set.  You can check it out here.  So, the first round DT's have created their projects and I will be next.  My stamps are on their way and I can't wait for them to get here.  It should be any day now.  Yay!  I've already started my project and will finish it up when my stamps arrive.  Be sure to check back soon!

In the meantime, because of the new release, I'm thinking about school related stuff and have this card I made while visiting my friend in Minnesota (Hi Pam!) this last July.  You heard about that visit for the Rubber Stamp Events show that we enjoyed so much.  I found it while looking for that card that was MIA (which I found btw - post coming soon). 
Please meet Pencil Pixie from Whimsie Doodles.  The buttons and card stock are from Stampin' Up!, the papers are from Simple Stories & Graphic 45 and, the burlap ribbon is from Maya Road.  Because this is a digi image I used a fixative after heat setting to insure the ink from printing would not smear.  I colored this little lady in with my STABILO CarbOthello chalks and water painter pen. I also used the Tim Holtz paper edger to fray the edges of the image. My favorite embelishment on this card is the burlap ribbon.  Doesn't it just shout FALL!  Love it!  Well, I hope your school year as gotten off to a great start!  See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment