Sunday, September 16, 2012

Happy Owl-o-ween!

Corney, I know, but I couldn't resist the title on this post.  The project below just called for it.  Or should I say hooted (is that a word? - Wendy help me!).  Anyway, this little guy was so easy to make.  I used all Stampin' Up! products this time as he was a gift for my demonstrator.  She thought he was a hoot!  (Watch out I'm on a roll.)

These Stampin' Up! products were used on this project:
you can order these products from Susie Woods SU site here

Top Note Die (face)
Scallop Punch 1-3/4 (eyes) & 2-3/8 (wings)
Circle Punches: 1-1/4", 1", 3/4" (eyes)
Petite Pennants Builder Punch (beak)
Boho Blossom Punch (6 petal flower) (feet)
Blossom Petals XL Punch (feathers on head)
Apothecary Accents Framelits Die (largest) (body)
Fancy Fan Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (body)
Card Stock (Pumpkin, Chocolate, White, Black)
DSP: Patterns Stack Brights Collection
Sanding Blocks

The DSP was run through the big shot with the embossing folder before I die cut it.  By cutting afterwards I could cut the card stock for the back and the DSP for the front at the same time so they would match (no distortion).  I then sanded the embossing to bring out the impressions.  The note die is folded in half.  I hid the staple to hold the mini candy bar under the beak and glued the bottom closed with tombo mono-adhesive.  I also added a little white glue to make sure it stayed shut.  I used both types of glue on the wings and the feet as well.   If you like wiggly eyes (big ones!), those would be cute instead of the white and black punched circles. Whoo is going to give this a try?  I hope you do that's whoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment