Friday, October 12, 2012

Create Your Classroom project #2

Hi Crafters!
Here I am with another project for CYC Stamps.  Today I'm going to show you 2 versions of the same project.  My project this time is using the little bookworm.  My bible school class has dubbed him Billy-Bob the Bookworm.  Too cute!  So, I decided to make some jewelry with shrink plastic.


Now, as cute as this is, I made it better by adding ribbon bows to the earrings


and did a bit of weaving on the bracelet.

I think one of my son's teachers will love these!

Now, for a few notes.  If you have never worked with shrink plastic - read ALL the instructions.  I have found over the years that if I am careful I can use my heat gun instead of the oven holding the piece in place with my long neck piercing tool.  But don't get too close.  You will have to use a heat safe surface and don't set this down on top of your stamping mat, it will warp (unfortunately I know this first hand)!   And don't worry if the shape isn't exactly perfect - it probably won't be - it is art after all.   Most of all, be creative - use your shaped punches.   You'll love the results!
That's it for today everyone but, stop back on Saturday as I have another project to share with you using CYC Stamps that will make another great teacher gift!  T T F N!


No comments:

Post a Comment