Saturday, November 10, 2012

SYS Saturday

Yep! It's that time again. So start stirring your stash!

Well, I finally made it to Christmas mode.  That's not to say that I won't post a "Be Thankful" card before Thanksgiving gets here.  But, for today it's the joy of Christmas.
 I used to have a problem using non traditional colors for Christmas but, this year I seem to doing just that.  I didn't even use Christmas paper on this card.  Pretty unusual for me.  I do love this paper from Basic Grey though and it seemed to go well with the copper tones in my reindeer.  I was fortunate enough to have enough of this paper I could make 12 of the cards (and matching envelopes) and I got them all done in one day!  Only about 60 to go so, you'll be seeing quite a few more Christmas cards from me in the next few weeks.
Anyway, the pink ribbon I got for a steal at a sale somewhere.  I got about 100 yards of it in pink and blue for about $.50 each.  I have shared so much of it yet, I still have a ton!  The lace was from another crafty yard sale from a couple of years ago.  The glittered reindeer I got at Wal-mart last year in the Christmas ornament section.  Yep, it's supposed to be hanging on your tree (I have a few more ornament surprises for you coming soon)! The minute I saw it I knew I had to put it on a card.  Alas, last year I didn't get it done so, it's one of the first Christmas cards for this year.  He is attached with some mini glue dots. When I had the card all done, I sprayed it with Stampin' Up's Champagne Mist.  I just love the subtle sparkle it adds.  I did add a little bling - 3 on the ribbon and 1 for the reindeer's eye to add a little more dimension.
What did you buy last year that you stashed? You know you want to look so, go stir your stash and see!

I entered in these challenges:


Have a great week and be sure to check out the Eclectic's Pink team challenge tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. Wow Patricia this is absolutely gorgeous, the papers, design and that reindeer look amazing, thank you for joining our challenge at OLLCB
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous card, just loving your sparkly reindeer, so glad you jined us at Ooh la la
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Thanks for taking part in our challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card thanks for playing along with us at Created with love Challenge.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Christmas card! I love the lace and reindeer. Glad you joined us at Created With Love Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design and great bargains too, thanks for joining us at Forever Friends. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card thanks for joining us at fat pages and cards with attitude and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card...Love the papers & great design... that little reindeer is so cute... Love it!!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is a gorgeous card, luv the glimmery reindeer, very sweet...hope you have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete