Welcome to another inspiration for the challenge at Artistic Inspirations. My image is from Eureka called "Snow Church". Isn't it just beautiful? I just love the serenity of the scene, don't you? I started by cutting the image out leaving about 1/8" border around the frame.
I started with Night of Navy cardstock for my base and added a small doily. There's actually 2 doilies there because the navy cardstock showed through too much with just one layer. I used my new Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to color my tag. I used gray(IG1) to highlight the snow following the drawing and the gray (IG4) for the church. I added a red (CR11) door to make it a little more festive. I added gray (IG8) for the roof and trim on the steeple. I made the tiniest little dots of color for the stained glass windows. I used green (DG3) for the pine needles and brown (GB10) for the trunk and branches. I dotted the sky with gray (IG1) dots then went over that with my blue (TB9) marker. I used the blender to lighten the sky so you could see the stars a bit better. I decided I wanted the stars to stand out a bit more so I went over them with my white gel pen. I mounted the image on Real Red cardstock and added a small bit of lace at the bottom. I popped that up on top of the doily on the right side.
I went fishing in my button bin and found the buttons I needed for the bottom left of the tag (some of these are popped up a bit on one side due to the image itself being popped up.
I threaded a length of red organdy and blue polka dot ribbon and a piece of lace through a hole I punched in the top of the tag. I decided I needed a little "sparkle" so I also added a little bit of silver string with the ribbon then tied it off at the top with another piece of silver string and topped it with the a clear button I found on my previous fishing trip and tied that in a knot. After that I just couldn't let the upper right hand corner be left unattended so I added some bling. This image just spoke "Silent Night" to me so added the sentiment in my own handwriting and layered it on Real Red cardstock.
Before adding the ribbons I sprayed the whole card with Champagne Mist to give it just a little shimmer.
When I started this project I had no idea what direction I was going. Sometimes you just have to fiddle along and hope for the best. I'm happy with the result this time.
I entered these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to stop by Artistic Inspirations to join up in the challenge we have over there!