Monday, January 21, 2013

Artistic Inspirations Challenge # 25 - More Than One Fold

Hello Crafters!
The new challenge at Artistic Inspirations this week is "More Than One Fold". Our sponsors are:

 and
I chose "Basket of Apples" from Robyn's Fetish for my card:
 The special fold on this card is one I have used many times but until I made a card from Susie Woods' Stampin' Up! stamp class recently I had not done it with a die cut. To make this card I started with SU card stock (of course) and I embossed the card front with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I added the button on the bottom left of the card front being careful to only put the glue dot on the bottom half of the button.  Then I die cut with the Bigz Note die from SU. Once I had the die cut, I scored about 3/4"-1" in from one of the short sides and tucked in between the back of the card (red) and the back of the card base (tan) allowing the larger portion to overlap onto the embossed front of the card and tucked the corner behind the button to hold the card shut.
 
 I had to cut a small slit along the fold of the flap just a teeny bit bigger than the width of the ribbon to pull the ribbon through and tied into a faux bow on the front of the flap. The image was printed out on white card stock and colored with my Spectrum Noir markers. It was then cut out leaving a small border of white card stock showing. I popped that up with foam tape and adhered to the green die cut flap on the bottom right corner.  The sentiment from TAC was stamped (part of it) on tan card stock and punched with SU large oval punch, layered on red card stock and cut out by hand for a small border. This was also popped up and layered onto the die cut flap. Bling from my stash was added to the upper right corner of the card front to even out the visual weight of the card.
On the inside I stamped the other half of the sentiment.
Here you can see both folds and the ribbon on the backside of the die cut flap. This was a really fun card to make and I loved using the red/green/tan combination with the image from Robyn's Fetish.

Well, I hope you'll play along with our Artistic Inspirations challenge this week. Be sure to check out the rest of the DT's inspiration and start creating. I can't wait to see what special folds you come up with.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love the colour scheme you have chosen. The button closure is a clever idea, and really picks out the red of the apples. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is brilliant love the colours and the image emma xx

    ReplyDelete