Monday, February 4, 2013

Artistic Inspirations Challenge #27

Hello Crafters!
It's time again for a new challenge at Artistic Inspirations. Our this week sponsor is:

Robyn's Fetish

My first card today is an image called "Don't Rain On My Parade". I just love the cute little frog in this image. Robyn's Fetish has a lot more great images to see so plan on stopping by her blog and taking a peek.
Our theme is embossing this week which is a technique I love to use. I didn't have an embossing folder that I thought would work with this image so I used a brass stencil and stylus. I found a small flower petal that looked like a rain drop so I used that. Since card stock is too thick to use a light box I laid my Basic Gray card stock (SU) on a foam pad with the stencil (Lasting Impressions) on top using the smallest end of the stylus. Then cut it out in the shape of a rain cloud. Voila!
 
 I decided there needed to be a little more contrast with the Wild Wasabi card stock so I folded back the right edge of the card about and inch or so and glued it down. I punched a small flower and circle from So Saffron card stock (SU) to make the sun peeking out from behind the cloud (rain or shine!). After coloring my image with Spectrum Markers I trimmed around the umbrella (thanks for the inspiration Pam S.) and layered that onto Pumpkin Pie card stock (SU) and trimmed around it as well so more of the cloud would show. I cut and colored an extra umbrella top and popped that up with foam tape for dimension and used glue dots around the top edges to accentuate the umbrellas curves. Here's a close up.
As you can see here I used Crystal Lacquer on the umbrella to make it look wet. Below I cut out another set of the two smallest rocks and popped them up and added a little lacquer to them, the frogs eyes and a little on the ground as well.
Before attaching the image to the card, I made a flag with Basic Gray and So Saffron card stock and tucked it underneath. I hand printed the sentiment. I'm pretty happy with the way this card turned out even though there was another technique I wanted to use for water.  I'll just save it for another time. The Spring season isn't too far away according to Punxsutawney Phil thank goodness, I'm sure tired of the cold and snow!

3 comments:

  1. very cute card!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby card, love your attention to detail with the stones, and umbrella... brill. :) Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges this week. Hugs Jackie DT.

    ReplyDelete