Saturday, April 6, 2013

SYS Saturday

Hello Crafters!
It's the first weekend of the month and that means it's Stir Your Stash time. Today I am going to post a card that my friend Judy made at a Stampin' Up workshop I had recently. It was such a clever idea. Take a look:
Isn't this just the cutest CAS card you have ever seen. Here's how she made it.
Cut your card base to 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 and fold in half. Punch a butterfly in the corner with the large butterfly punch and using the piercing template pierce holes around the image. Next sponge the edges of the white layer to make it stand out and stamp the sentiment. Use dimentionals on the back side to pop up. Before attaching though, take a small scrap of designer paper and glue it down on to the base of your card just under the butterfly punch out. Now punch the small butterfly out a scrap of white card stock and pop it up on a dimentional in the center of the large butterly on top of the designer paper. All that's left to do now is add a little bling and you're done. So how easy is that. I think we got that card done in about 5-6 minutes. Wow! I didn't even feel the need to add ribbon, it stood on it's own. Isn't it lovely?
Now here's one I did some time ago with the negative of a chipboard letter I had used on another card. I apologize for the blurry picture. As I said it was take some time ago before I learned how to take decent  pictures of my projects. You get the idea though. And yes, that is real stitching around the edges.
Well, that's it for today. So, why don't you give this fun technique a try. It's a great way to use some of your scrap designer paper you know you're hanging on to 'cuz you just can't bare to through any of it away! Give it a try. I know you'll love it.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment