Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fat-Tastic Tuesday Cahllenge #5 - Red, White & Blue w/ Metal

Hello Crafters!

It's Tuesday! That means it's time for another post from my sister blog Fat-Tastic Tuesday where we make 4x4 projects of any kind! Mostly we like to make Fat Pages but we will accept any projects as long as they are 4x4 in nature. Of course you have to follow the theme to get the chance to be a winner.

Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is:
Eureka has some wonderful stamps in their collection so be sure to stop by their shop.

Now, on with my DT project for FTT.
First, here's the sketch we used this time:

And here's my project.
I made this one for my sister in-law who loves kitties and most anything patriotic.  My card stock (red and blue) is from SU of course. The background paper is from my stash. Looks like fireworks doesn't it?  I used a clear stamp set for the the zigzag stitching from The Paper Studio Clear Stamps.  My metal is the the star brads which I had to color silver with a sharpie because I didn't like the way the gold color looked with this card. I let it dry a bit because the metal is just a little slickery. Then I added them to the circles that are partially tucked under the background paper. I used my Spectrum markers to color my image and layered that on card stock cut with a nestabilities scallop die.  I stamped the sentiment from another word stamp set from Paper Studio Clear Stamps. That particular set is worth it's weight in gold! Anyway, the image and the scallop are popped up on foam tape to add a bit of dimension. I thought I would add some bling to bring out the sparkly shiny a bit. Pretty simple card really but, I think I am happy with it. SIL will love it no matter what anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to hang out with me today. We would love to have you follow our new blog Fat-Tastic Tuesday and take part in our challenges. Eureka is offering 5 digi images of choice to our winner for this challenge. The challenge will run a full two weeks so get on over there and check out the DT's inspirations and get started. Remember, you can enter two times each week.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment