Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fat-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #8 - Cooking/Baked Goods

Hello Crafters!

Well, it's Tuesday again which means we have a new challenge for you over at Fat-Tastic Tuesday.
Our sponsor is
with 4 digi's of winners choice for the winner.

We are using another one of my sketches:


I will admit I did manipulate the sketch a bit this time but I think it still works.
You've seen those individual tarts you can purchase at different bakeries or craft fairs, right? Well, I made a small 4x4 tart box to put one of those in. I know they come in their own box but doesn't this look better than the plain brown wrapper?


 The pattern is below for this box. Pretty straight forward really. The heavy paper is from Cloud 9, the ribbon is from Simplicity, the stamped sentiment is from Close To My Heart, the label punch is from Stampin' UP!, and the image is Robyn's Fetish of course. I cut the plaid triangle from heavy paper in my stash. The acetate used for the window was a scrap left over. I used Nestibilities circle die to cut the circle in the lid. When putting this pattern together make sure to put the acetate between layers for a neater look. I forgot to do that. It looks ok but, it would have been nicer looking and more durable if done between layers. Live and learn.

Also as an after thought, you might want to cut and score flaps on the smaller piece so your lid can fit down over the box base instead of having to put it on the inside. I could fix the template at this point but, I'm being a bit lazy.

Anywho, here's a pic from another angle so you can see the height of the box which is 2".


 All in all I'm ok with the way this turned out. I could have added a lot more fru-fru but it's what's inside that the recipient will be after, right? Hey, wouldn't this be cute with a cookie image (or maybe punch art Cookie Monster) and a stack of big M&M cookies on the inside? Mmmm......


So with this template the sides are 2" and the square part of the box is 4". I recommend shaving just the tiniest sliver off of the smaller piece before layering it inside the big one. Just FYI, I always make a cheap white card stock sample for myself to keep. That way if I lose anything stored on my computer I have a physical sample in my files.

Well, that's it for today peeps. Stop over to Fat-Tastic Tuesday and check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team then get going on your makes. We would love to have you join us!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment