Saturday, May 12, 2012

May Card Club and Grad Invite

1st Version

2nd Version-May Card Club
See the shimmer?








Final Version-Graduation Invite
 I spotted a group pic of some cards over on Becky Roberts blog which you can see here.  First I made my card almost identical to the one I saw in her pic.  I was thinking of using it for my son's graduation invites - first pic.  Once I made it though I decided it would be good to do the girl thing to it - second pic (used this for May Stamp Club).   Even with all the gray and white, I think it turned out pretty. For the flower I used the Big Blossom punch from Stampin' Up. I learned to make it over at Splitcoast Stampers from their weekly newsletter - third pic. The scallop petals gave the card so much more character, don't you think?  There are about 5 layers of punched flowers crumpled, opened up and joined with a brad.  Then I crumpled them again and inked up the edges.  I moved the layers around a little as I inked them until I was satisfied with the way it looked.  I alternated the pattern paper to add interest to the flower as well. I used a Clear Stamp set for the sentiment and added some organdy ribbon (Hobby Lobby).  I also used Stampin' Up's Note die (as well as their card stock).  Of course, I had to add Stampin' Up's Champagne Mist over the whole thing.  Don't you just love the shimmery effect?  I reworked the card again and came up with the third card shown as the graduation invite for my son (minus the glitter).  All I did there was turn the card to a landscape view and add the grad cap and stars with pop dots, a strip of black ribbon and a couple of bling dots to dress it up a bit.  I'm pretty happy with the end result.  I may have to rework it again just for fun to see what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment