Monday, July 30, 2012

DCWV Projects

I wanted to post these before I went on my stamping weekend.  I hope you enjoy them.  The first pic is of my Aunt and her late husband 2 years ago when we visited.  We missed the funeral but I made this layout for a frame that I would mail to her.  I love the colors.
The banner is made with chipboard coasters.  Just glued down the paper, added a few embellishments (but kept it simple) and the ribbon.  The ribbon is actually glued between two coasters (one long piece for strength).

Last, but not least is the plaque.  I made this for a very special friend who loved it when she received it this last weekend.  I couldn't post it before because it was for her birthday - didn't want to ruin the surprise.  I purchased the generic plaque from Michaels or Hobby Lobby.  The paper is glued down, sanded and inked in shabby chic fashion.  I only started with about 3-4 flowers but kept thinking it need "just one more".  This you would have to make your own judgement call on - I didn't really know when to quit.  Still think I could add one more (not!).  I wrote the phrase on with my permanent pen.  I sealed the edges with crystal effects so the ink would not bleed (just used my finger - didn't want it drippy).  I pushed and glued the eyelets in the holes and added the ribbon after it was dry.  Ain't it purdy?

Well, that's it.  Like I said in my earlier post, I will begin posting pics and projects from the show tomorrow so stayed tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment