Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ringing in the New Year

Hello Crafters!

 Well, it's time for my first post of the year. Boy, has this last year really gone by fast. I would like to thank all of you for stopping by and supporting me since I started this blogging journey back in February 2012. I look forward to the New Year and all the wonderful adventures ahead.  I hope you will be joining me.
Now, on to my project. I have been saving this cute and simple project for you just for today so I could ring in the New Year so to speak. It's perfect for the classroom don't you think? I'm using the Create Your Classroom stamp set "Back To School", specifically the "Ready to Learn" stamp. With a couple embellishments and some glue, you can have this project done in no time. Take a look.
I started with an unfinished bell I bought at Hobby Lobby. I tore some red mulberry paper using my water and paint brush to prepare the paper as I did with the ornament from my post a couple of days ago. In fact, I did the same application on the bell as I did on the ornament, applying glue to the surface and attaching the paper slightly overlapping as I went along and pushing the paper down off the the handle. The stamped, embossed piece goes on last.  For best results, trim the excess mulberry paper off the bottom of the bell after it's dry. Once dry and excess paper trimmed, I used hot glue to attach the braided trim to the top and bottom of the bell and added the gold ribbon to jazz it up a bit.  The paper on the bell made the ring a little softer but still loud enough to be effective. Pretty simple project, right? I hope you'll give this one a try, it really is easy.

 I will be entering into these challenges:



6 comments:

  1. great project, thanks for joining us at Lady Anne's
    hugs, Valerie
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great entry for our challenge, especially at New Year's! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful creation just perfect for our New Beginnings challenge at the Winter Wonderland, wishing you a Happy New Year
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at Little Miss Muffet challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful project. You did a fantastic job with the mulberry paper. I don't have much luck with it so ended up giving mine away. Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love this! Thanks for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete