Monday, March 25, 2013

Artistic Inspirations Challenge #34 - Fantasy

Hello Crafters!

Just another quick blurp about Fat-Tastic Tuesday DT Call. Be sure to check it out at the link on my left side bar and up above. Applications are only taken until April 9th so time is running out.

Ok, on with the challenge.
 Bugaboo is our wonderful sponsor this week so after you have checked out my post and the inspiration from the design team at Artistic Inspirations go check out our sponsors site. Lovely images!

Here's my card.
So, who doesn't know that I love butterflies? Especially blue ones? I just loved this image (Bugaboo) and had to use it this week.

I started with Eggplant card stock and used Versa-Mark to ink the background with a leaf stamp (SU). The doily is inked with So Saffron (SU) and adhered to the card with wet glue. Black bling dots frame the inner circle of the doily. The butterfly image was punched out then I blended three colors starting with green at the bottom, yellow, blue and just a smidgen of purple at the top using y finger daubers and classic ink. To add a little depth I placed the punched and inked image on another circle of black card stock then popped up with foam tape.

A strip of So saffron card stock was placed on the left side. One inch scallop circles punched from Certainly Celery card stock topped with a black butterfly (for shadow) and blue butterflies were placed on top....and more bling.

 The green organdy ribbon is tied around the base of the card under the bottom scallop and tied in a soft knot on the right. I stamped the sentiment (SU) with black ink on to Certainly Celery card stock and punched out with 1-1/8" circle punch and layered on a black circle.

 When I'm all done, I think it needs just a touch more sparkle so I added Champagne Mist spray (SU) a couple of times. Should have done that to the image first. Hmm. Had to re-ink the blended colors a bit to brighten them up. Cool thing - the glitter still shows on top of the ink when I'm done without re-applying the spray. Pretty neat! Ok, so I had to add a little blue bling on the image flowers. Now I think I'm happy.

Hope you liked my project today. Please visit Artistic Inspirations and check out the DT inspirations then get to crafting and join in the fun! I look forward to seeing your creations.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment