Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Thinking of You 4"x4" Digi Card

Hello Crafters!
As you know, I have been promoting "Fat Pages" for a little while now. Abbie and I have the DT Call still going on for Fat-Tastic Tuesday for which the deadline is April 9th.  So, I wanted to try and do a totally digital card just to see if I could do it and be happy with the result. So here it is:

I started by putting a varigated background of pinks and yellows down as my base with a black outline representing another layer behind the pink. After that I added a cropped pic that I took of a flower on another card I made earlier this year.. Although that took a little time it was fun. I layered the flower on solid pink, then black. Between the two black layers I added a layer of green rice paper texture. The green rice paper texture was also used behind the image (from Robyn's Fetish that I used on another card I made earlier) I took a picture of an embossed piece of pink card stock to add some dimension to the layers and put a white circle with the sentiment layered on black on top of the embossed piece. The green rice paper texture and black is layered behind that. I just love how much fun this was. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I could do it and make it not look like just a sketch. I think I achieved my goal here and may even take to the photo shop for printing a few to have on hand.

Thanks for stopping by today! Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment