Saturday, March 2, 2013

SYS Saturday

Hello Crafters!
I think I missed my SYS post last month. But I'm back with another one for you and will plan on the first Saturday of each month being SYS Saturday going forward. Having it in the middle of the month was throwing me off. Yeah, I might be a little ADD.

So, I will post twice today. First, I just want to give you a link to check out.

I was surfing a bit, catching up on some blog reading and saw the above post on the Silhouette blog. I was totally in love with the idea posted that I had to share it with you for my SYS post. Now, you Cricut users can probably adjust the idea to work for you as well. If anyone does figure that out, leave me a comment with a link to your post. I would love share what you did and how you did it.

Basically the idea is to cut your scraps down to fill a 12x12 (if you have a newer machine) or an 8-1/2 x 11 cutting mat. Best if all the scraps are the same size I think. Anyway, feed the mat with your scraps into your machine, pick the objects you want to cut out, size them to your scraps, align, and cut. What an awesome way to use up some scrap stash! And why not use the negative on a card too?

Ok, I am off to shower then in to my craft room. I hope you will give it a try. Don't forget to leave me a comment with a link so we can all check out what you did with your scraps.
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment