Saturday, March 2, 2013

SYS Saturday 2nd post - Silhouette tip

Hello Crafters!
Well, I did it! If you read my earlier post today then you know what I am talking about. The short version, if you missed it, is I found a really great tip on the Silhouette blog that I shared and wanted to try. I tried it and I love this wonderful tip. So again, I will share it with you. But first, my card.


Ok, so here's what I did, good and bad. The good: I found plenty of scraps to choose from. So, I cut my scraps into 2" squares and attached to my Silhouette mat. I chose the images, and sized them as instructed then cut them out. I used the present image here for a simple birthday card. The bad: I learned that intricate designs have too many small pieces to cut and won't pop out well. Simple designs work best. You will want to make sure your scraps are all the same weight paper as well.
Here's a couple of the other designs I cut and the negative of one.


Now go give this a try. You know you want to so get going. You're going to love it!
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment