Sunday, April 14, 2013

Eclectic Ellapu Challenge #25 - Put A Tag On It

Hello Crafters!
The new challenge at Eclectic Ellapu this week is "put a tag on it", so I did. I just love blue and green together in any shade. I chose pastels for this project.
I used SU card stock as usual for the base (bashful blue this time). I used an assortment of papers and a tag from K&Co that had those beautiful blues & greens. Truth be known, that was my inspiration for the card. I sponged all my edges first. Then I stamped the background (dragonfly from Stampendous) on the upper half with the stamp off technique onto cream card stock and layered the bottom half with the damask printed designer paper. I cut a 1" strip of moss green card stock and ran it through a crimper and glued down over the seam of the previous layers. I then added the bias ribbon over the crimped piece and tied a knot. I stamped the sentiment next just above the crimped strip keeping to the left to make room for the tag. Before adding the tag I stamped the dragonfly and small image stamp on it and added some shimmer to the wings and the dragonfly wings on the background. Bling dots for the eyes and body finished off the tag. There was a small piece of bias ribbon left so I added that to the punched hole in the tag. The tag was then popped up with foam tape and the sugared flower (Prima - I think) added to the bottom left of the the tag with foam tape as well.

Well, I hope liked my card today. Be sure you stop over at Eclectic Ellapu and see the rest of the teams creations. You will be glad you did as they are AMAZING! We would love it if you played along too.

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Trisha this is just beautiful. So so delicate and the dragonfly is stunning. One of my favourite colour combinations too.

    Claire x

    (thank you for your great comments and continued support of my own blog x)

    PS- by the way for success on printing to acetate - if you buy the right acetate for your printer (ie. either inkjet or laser) and then make sure to print to the roigher' side, where the ink can get some purchase, you may find it works better. Hope this helps x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. All the colours and elements work so well together. The dragon fly is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by and the heads up x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card Trisha, I love the dragon fly I want a dragon fly stamps now!!!, love the colours as well, Hugs Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Trisha. I love your use of colours everything works perfectly together. It is really pretty.
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete