Sunday, May 26, 2013

Eclectic Ellapu Challenge #31 - Selfmade Flowers

Hello Crafters!
The purple team is up again over at Eclectic Ellapu and my purple teamie  Elisa has chosen our theme this time. And what a great theme - self made flowers. That can be interpreted in many ways. As long as you have made the flowers you are good to go. And as always you can make any kind of project you wish. What's not to love about that?!

So, I ventured on the wild side this time and didn't make a card. I made a plaque instead. Ok, ok, so it's almost a card front -but not. Anywho, I had fun making it. So here it is:


A 4x4 piece of chipboard is my base. I added the background paper from Heartfelt Creations that I got for my birthday. It's so beautiful. I received a whole book of papers and they are all awesome! It was a bit hard to choose. However, I did finally pick this one with the pink flowers. It made such a lovely base for this project. The edges were inked with Creamy Caramel ink from SU.

I stamped and embossed the sentiment (Fiskars), added a punched heart below it then used Ranger's distress crackle over the whole base including a little on the sides to seal the ink.

The leaves and the red flowers I picked up at a Dollar store here in town. I made the crochet flowers then took the red flowers apart to add to the crochet flowers for just a bit more dimension and color. The beautiful brads in the centers are from SU. I also took a couple of the red flowers, folded them in half and wound them around some coated wire (stash from hubby) and glued in place with hot glue to make the little buds.

I then laid down the leaves (green and red) and rubbed them with a little of the crackle finish. The little flower buds are tucked in behind the red leaf in the middle and secured with hot glue. The fixed up crochet flowers were added on top.

Once all that was in place I added crystal lacquer to the flowers and swirls on the paper to give them a bit of dimension. The bling dots were added while the lacquer was still wet to hold them in place.

I really enjoyed making this project for our challenge this week. It made me want for more of my old crafting days where I did these kinds of projects all the time. Might have to work on doing something about that (wink wink).

I hope you have enjoyed my DT project for Eclectic Ellapu this week. Be sure to stop over and see the rest of the DT's awesome creations and join in the fun.

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Wow the background here is stunning and enhanced brilliantly with the flowers.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this to bits. The background is perfect and the flowers are so scrummy. Good to see you out of the card zone, and you did it so so well hun. Hugz and love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete