Monday, May 27, 2013

Artistic Inspirations Challenge #43 - Paper Piercing or Piecing?

Hello Crafters!

The A-Team (that's me) is on over at Artistic Inspirations with a brand new challenge.
Our sponsor for this challenge is:


They have some great whimsical images over there so be sure and visit their shop.

Apparently there was some confusion about whether this challenge was
Paper Piercing or Paper Piecing.
Hmm...
I think you will be safe whichever you choose to do for this challenge.
I did Paper Piercing.

My image choice is called "little boy" and he's just the cutest little guy! All boy he is sporting a slingshot in his back pocket and a somewhat disgruntled frog in his hands. Given the smile on his face, he's rather proud of himself I must say.


The blue card stock is from SU although I could not tell you what color name it is. Brocade Blue maybe. I used Versa-Mark ink with a leaf stamp from Rubber Stampede for the background.

A strip of pierced Pumpkin Pie card stock (SU) is layered under a plaid paper from My Minds Eye of which I folded down a corner and pierced then secured with a printed brad (SU).

I colored my image with Spectrum markers and pierced the top left and bottom right corners. This piece was layered on Garden Green the Summer Sun card stock (SU) and popped up on foam tape.

The sentiment (TAC) was divided into the two areas to balance out the card. It was the perfect sentiment for this card.

So check out the rest of the DT's inspiration pieces over at Artistic Inspirations and join in the challenge. I really enjoy seeing everyone's projects.

Happy Crafting!


3 comments:

  1. great card and popular image lol love the expression on the frogs face
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab project Patricia, love the zingy orange and blue. Hugs Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous make hun, love the image and colors, thank you for a great challenge week xx

    ReplyDelete