Monday, June 10, 2013

Artistifc Inspirations Challenge #45 - Stitching Real/Faux

Hello Crafters!

We have another great challenge at Artistic Inspirations this week. Our lovely sponsor is:
Robyn's Fetish has a great shop of images and is offering a great prize for the winner of this challenge.

I chose to use "Dragon Fly Day" for my project. I just love dragonflies. They're the next best thing to butterflies and ya'll know how I feel about those! I colored the image with my Spectrum markers and added some Champagne Mist paint (SU) from my sprayer bottle for little shimmer on the dragonfly's wings. Love that stuff. So sad that is was discontinued in the new catalog.

I started with the largest scallop circle from Spellbinders Nestabillities for the image base. After coloring it I added the machine stitching.
The card base (Cool Caribbean) is from the same scallop circle but the card was folded in half and slid down a bit before die-cutting so I could get a fold without using an extra piece of card stock. The base front was then folded in half and the image base was attached at the bottom only so it would pop up when opened:
 
I used the smallest scallop circle for the sentiment backing (Close to Cocoa - SU) and used a circle punch for the thank you sentiment (SU) on the Cool Caribbean (SU) card stock and popped that up on the brown. The brown flowers were punched from 3 size scallops (Paper Studio & SU). The smallest one is from the Boho Blossom punch (SU). I inked the edges with Tempting Turquoise and added the bling.
The inside (cut with the next smallest die-cut scallop) was stamped with the coordinating sentiment. I added the ribbon by cutting slits in the white layer before gluing to the base. I added the bling to the inside to hold the card front in place. The ribbon did this nicely as well but I wanted the recipient to have choices.

Well, that's my inspiration for you today for Artistic Inspirations. Stop over and see the other DT members inspirational projects. Don't forget to join in the challenge - Robyn's Fetish has a great prize.

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card lovely. Love the shape and colors. Thank you for a great challenge week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Trisa!!! Love that image and the blooms are perfect!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete