Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fat-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #3 Inspiration Post

Hello Crafters!
I'm back with another post for Fat-Tastic Tuesday. We're slowly getting the word out there about our challenge and I know it won't be long before everyone will be playing along.
 
 So, you may remember the theme is Wedding with die-cuts, lace and pearls. I know I don't actually have any lace on this card but, the large die-cut is pretty lacy so I went with that. The beautiful die-cut I used is from Spellbinders (remember when I won it last year?). Our sponsor is Bugaboo (gotta love those images) so I picked "Snappy Congratulations" for my inspiration this week. I also used a little swirl die from SU - the name of it escapes me at the moment. Anyway, The pearls are from SU also. I used my Spectrum markers for coloring and I also added some Champagne mist paint on the grooms shirt, the accents on the brides dress & pearls then added a little to the pearls in the corner. It really brought everything together. I used white, basic black & basic gray card stock for this project. I love the accents of red all over this card and the little bit of sparkle on the red ribbon.

A friend of mine told me about a trick when using die-cuts a long time ago that I just never used. This time I used the idea and the results were fabulous. All you have to do is use wax paper when die cutting. Make sure the wax paper is next to the die when you run it through your machine and you will have great results. Perfect for those dies with the little pieces that always seem to get stuck. Now that I have used this technique I will probably get more use of my intricate dies (I hated picking out all those little pieces).

Hope you enjoyed my project today. Be sure to stop over and join up with the challenge over at Fat-Tastic Tuesday - Bugaboo is offering some great prizes!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh i am in love with that image....it would really be fun to work along with u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love for you to enter our challenge at Fat-Tastic Tuesday! The current challenge is open until Midnight Monday.

      Delete